Thursday, August 20, 2026

Phoebe Bridgers explains why Lost Weekend took ‘forever’ to make

Phoebe Bridgers' new album took "forever" to make. The 31-year-old singer has ended her years-long hiatus with the release...

Latest Posts

Jamie T unveils new album Ghosts (100 Days of Morning) with contributions from Damon Albarn and Hugo White

Indie legend Jamie T has announced his sixth studio album Ghosts (100 Days of Morning), a deeply personal 11‑track collection arriving October...

Phoebe Bridgers cancels intimate shows after being hospitalised with appendicitis

Phoebe Bridgers has postponed her intimate UK shows this week after being struck down with appendicitis. The musician played...

The Beatles announce long-term partnership with UMG and Apple Corps

Universal Music Group (UMG) and Apple Corps have unveiled a new exclusive, long‑term global partnership that will expand how The Beatles’ brand...

Becky G says working with Selena Gomez and Benny Blanco was ‘beautiful’ as she recalls stunt‑filled video shoot

Becky G has hailed her recent team‑up with Selena Gomez and Benny Blanco as "beautiful". The married couple teamed...

Claudia Winkleman replaces Bruce Forsyth on Strictly Come Dancing


Claudia Winkleman will replace Sir Bruce Forsyth on ‘Strictly Come Dancing’.

The BBC have confirmed the 42-year-old presenter will join Tess Daly as the host on the TV dancing competition after Bruce announced earlier this year he was stepping down after 11 series on the popular programme.

Claudia said: "I have loved ‘Strictly’ since the second it appeared on our screens and I am honoured and thrilled to now be part of the Saturday night team.

"Working alongside Tess is always fantastic and I can’t wait to spend the weekends with her, our amazing dancers and the greatest judging panel on the planet. Sir Bruce is a living legend and we’ll all miss him very much."

However, Bruce, 86, won’t be hanging up his dancing shoes permanently as he will be reuniting with Tess for Children in Need and Christmas show specials.

Tess added: ‘"It’s really exciting having two women host the show, and we are great mates so there’ll be lots of fun to be had on and off the dance floor, and of course I’ll look forward to being reunited with Brucie for the Children In Need and Christmas shows.”

Claudia was the hot favourite to replace Bruce after he announced his departure as she has been involved with ‘Strictly’ since 2004 when she fronted ‘Strictly Come Dancing: It Takes Two’ to coincide with the second series of the main show.

In 2010, she also took over from Bruce as co-host of the Sunday night results show.

Latest Posts

Jamie T unveils new album Ghosts (100 Days of Morning) with contributions from Damon Albarn and Hugo White

Indie legend Jamie T has announced his sixth studio album Ghosts (100 Days of Morning), a deeply personal 11‑track collection arriving October...

Phoebe Bridgers cancels intimate shows after being hospitalised with appendicitis

Phoebe Bridgers has postponed her intimate UK shows this week after being struck down with appendicitis. The musician played...

The Beatles announce long-term partnership with UMG and Apple Corps

Universal Music Group (UMG) and Apple Corps have unveiled a new exclusive, long‑term global partnership that will expand how The Beatles’ brand...

Becky G says working with Selena Gomez and Benny Blanco was ‘beautiful’ as she recalls stunt‑filled video shoot

Becky G has hailed her recent team‑up with Selena Gomez and Benny Blanco as "beautiful". The married couple teamed...

Don't Miss

Hayley Williams’ band Power Snatch just dropped some surprise music

Hayley Williams' new band Power Snatch has dropped a new EP. The Paramore frontwoman launched her new band six...

Eurovision Song Contest changes rules for countries at war

The Eurovision Song Contest has made a groundbreaking change to their rules for countries at war. The annual...

RAYE ‘working on a soundtrack’ for one of Michael B. Jordan’s movies amid romance rumours

RAYE and Michael B. Jordan are not thought to be romantically involved after the pair sent TikTok into meltdown last week after...

Ritchie Blackmore to reunite with Deep Purple onstage for the first time in 33 years

Ritchie Blackmore is set to step onstage with Deep Purple for the first time in more than three decades.

Jenna Ortega spills all on her scenes in Sabrina Carpenter’s violent Taste music video

Jenna Ortega's scenes in Sabrina Carpenter's Taste music video were largely improvised as she only found out about the role just days...

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.