Benidorm cancelled after 10 series

Benidorm cancelled after 10 series

Benidorm’s creator has confirmed the end of the show.
Derren Litten has revealed the sitcom – which stars Jake Canuso and told the goings-on of a mix of holidaymakers at an all-inclusive hotel in the Spanish seaside resort – has ended after a 10-series run, but he has urged fans to check out the programme’s stage show instead.
He wrote on Twitter: "Yes folks it’s true, after months of speculation, I can finally confirm Benidorm series 10 was the LAST EVER TV SERIES of @BenidormTVshow – but the story continues in the form of http://www.benidormonstage.com – Come see us on tour and see what happens next (sic)"
Fans took to Twitter in their droves to voice their disappointment about the show’s cancellation.
Derren wrote: "Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened! (sic)"
When asked by one fan why the sitcom was ending, Derren replied: "It’s great to end on a high (sic)"
This comes after the creator and writer previously hinted the programme had finished following May’s series 10 finale.
Before the episode, he tweeted: "Crazy to think Wednesday will be the last episode of Benidorm! I created the series over 11 years ago, wrote it, guest starred in it and ended up directing it. It’s difficult to think what else there is to do! Thank you for watching! #MuchasGracias (sic)"
But ITV insisted at the time the programme hadn’t definitely been axed.
A spokesperson said: "No decision has been made regarding any further series of ‘Benidorm’."
The ‘Benidorm’ stage tour will kick off in Newcastle on September 7, 2018, before coming to a close in April 2019 in Canterbury.
Several big-name stars made appearances in ‘Benidorm’ over the years, including Dame Joan Collins, Cilla Black, Tony Hadley, and most recently ‘Only Fools and Horses’ actor John Challis starred in the show.