Thursday, February 19, 2026

Dee Snider insists he’s ‘not dying’ after quitting Twisted Sister

Dee Snider has insisted he's "not dying" after resigning from Twisted Sister due to health issues. The 70-year-old singer...

Latest Posts

Dashboard Confessional member quits after eight-year run

Dashboard Confessional drummer Chris Kamrada has announced he’s leaving the band after almost a decade. In a heartfelt Instagram...

Red Hot Chili Peppers actively working on first album in four years

Red Hot Chili Peppers are quietly gearing up for their next chapter. With his own solo debut Honora arriving...

Yungblud’s Idols II is landing tomorrow – with six new tracks

Yungblud has officially confirmed the long‑anticipated second chapter of his ambitious concept project, Idols. The new instalment will arrive digitally on Friday...

Unheard Van Halen material is in progress as Alex Van Halen reveals search for singer

Alex Van Halen has confirmed work is underway to bring unreleased Van Halen material to life. The 72-year-old drummer...

Australian court rules on DJ hoax


A radio station which broadcast a hoax call to a hospital treating Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge broke the law, Australia’s High Court has ruled.

The duchess was being treated for severe morning sickness in 2012 and 2Day FM DJs Mel Greig and Michael Christian were able to obtain details on her condition from a nurse at King Edward VII’s Hospital in London by pretending to be Queen Elizabeth and Prince Charles.

The court’s decision upholds the verdict originally found by the Australian Communications and Media Authority, which ruled the station had breached its licence by not obtaining the consent of those involved – including Jacinta Saldanha, who answered and transferred the call, then committed suicide days later after her mistake was realised – before broadcasting the call.

The verdict had previously been overturned by the Federal Court, but the new ruling confirmed the Authority has the power to decide whether a criminal offence has been committed for the purpose of determining whether there has been a breach of the Broadcasting Services Act.

The station could now be fined, have its licence suspended or even revoked.

They said the ruling "means that there is a serious defect in Australian broadcasting law".

In 2013, the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) said there was no evidence to support a manslaughter charge following the nurse’s death.

Ms. Saldanha was never disciplined for her role in the error, and St James’s Palace did not blame her for the incident.

During the inquest into her death, DJ Mel apologised for the prank and admitted she had received death threats and hate mail in the wake of the tragedy.

She said: "Nothing will change the fact that Jacintha thought of me before she took her own life and that is something that is really hard to come to terms with.

"I will always feel partly responsible because my name was in someone’s suicide note – not just the DJ, my name."

Latest Posts

Dashboard Confessional member quits after eight-year run

Dashboard Confessional drummer Chris Kamrada has announced he’s leaving the band after almost a decade. In a heartfelt Instagram...

Red Hot Chili Peppers actively working on first album in four years

Red Hot Chili Peppers are quietly gearing up for their next chapter. With his own solo debut Honora arriving...

Yungblud’s Idols II is landing tomorrow – with six new tracks

Yungblud has officially confirmed the long‑anticipated second chapter of his ambitious concept project, Idols. The new instalment will arrive digitally on Friday...

Unheard Van Halen material is in progress as Alex Van Halen reveals search for singer

Alex Van Halen has confirmed work is underway to bring unreleased Van Halen material to life. The 72-year-old drummer...

Don't Miss

Rhys Ifans sings on previously unheard Super Furry Animals track

Super Furry Animals have released a previously unheard track featuring Rhys Ifans. The House of the Dragon star had...

Gene Simmons slams idea of hip hop in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Gene Simmons has insisted "hip-hop does not belong in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame". The KISS icon...

Niall Horan is in the studio putting finishing touches on fourth album

Niall Horan is hoping to release music from his fourth album "some time this year". The former One Direction...

‘I’m just scared of them!’ Lewis Capaldi reveals unusual phobia

Lewis Capaldi has a phobia of sea life. The 29-year-old has been battling his unusual and irrational fear of...

Jimmy Eat World have tried to ‘disassociate’ from their emo pioneer legacy

Jimmy Eat World "completely disassociate" from their legacy as emo pioneers. The Middle hitmakers are set to embark on...

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.