Ant and Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway to return in January

Ant and Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway to return in January

‘Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway’ will be back on screens in January.
Stephen Mulhern, who hosts the segment ‘In For a Penny’, has revealed the Geordie duo will be back on screens next year and he’s already started filming with Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly.
Stephen also said Ant, who has been sober for seven months now, is "back to full health" and has been "on his game" after his stint in rehab following a drink driving ban last year.
Stephen told The Daily Record newspaper: "Ant is back to full health. He has been back on his game for a long, long time. He is all good.
"We’ve been out and about and it’s amazing what people will do to win a grand.
"It’s nice to get out of the studio and meet the public.
"Having just finished ‘In For a Penny’ we’re now doing ‘Saturday Night Takeaway’.
"It’s wonderful that ‘Saturday Night Takeaway’ will be back in January."
Dec had to present the final two episodes of the ITV show without his comedy partner last year, and Holly Willoughby replaced Ant as co-host of ‘I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!’.
The pair previously vowed to bring ‘Saturday Night Takeaway’ back "bigger and better than ever" in 2020.
A statement said: "Neither Ant & Dec nor ITV wanted to compromise the quality of the show and therefore felt it was better to rest the series next year.
"They will instead bring the show back in 2020, bigger and better than ever."
Meanwhile, Ant’s pal Simon Hargreaves recently shared how he is "happier" than he’s ever been, despite a turbulent few months, which also saw him split from his ex-wife Lisa Armstrong.
Alongside a photo of them together on Twitter, he wrote: "Long overdue catch up with my buddy of 20+ years for lunch this week. 6 months sober, annoyingly healthy looking, and happier than I’ve seen him in years.
"Immensely proud of this lad for his strength and determination to face up to his issues and get help."