Thursday, May 21, 2026

Ella Langley Dominates ACM Awards 2026

Ella Langley was the biggest winner at the Academy of Country Music Awards 2026. The 27-year-old star received seven...

Latest Posts

Sir Elton John and Thom Yorke honoured at 2026 Ivor Novello Awards

Sir Elton John, Thom Yorke and Calvin Harris were among those honoured at the 2026 Ivor Novello Awards. The...

The Coral officially roll out new album 388 after secret indie shop release

The Coral have released their new album 388, two weeks after quietly slipping physical copies into independent record shops without announcement.

Sienna Spiro sets release date for debut album Visitor

Sienna Spiro has confirmed details of her debut album Visitor. Set for release on July 3, the record comes...

Linda Perry says she thought Christina Aguilera was too ‘hot’ to record Beautiful

Linda Perry initially thought Christina Aguilera was too "hot" to record Beautiful. The 45-year-old pop idol went on to...

Prince William calls for destruction of Buckingham Palace ivory


Britain’s Prince William has called for all the ivory in Buckingham Palace to be destroyed.

The Duke of Cambridge recently launched the charity United for Wildlife – which aims to end the illegal wildlife trade – and the second-in-line to the throne now revealed that he wants all of the ivory at the royal residence to be removed to encourage people to take up the fight against poaching.

The royal collection is comprised of approximately 1,200 items spanning over hundreds of years, including a throne from India, and William hopes if the British royal family set an example it will persuade other heads of state to follow suit.

Leading primatologist Jane Goodall told the Independent on Sunday newspaper that William – whose wife is Duchess Catherine – had personally informed her he would "like to see all the ivory owned by Buckingham Palace destroyed".

The prince’s wish comes just days after he attended the world’s largest ever conference on the issue at London’s Zoological Society which called for an end to the £12 billion illegal trade in animals and their body parts. The campaign was highly successful last year with at least 45 tons of ivory seized in what’s believed to have been the largest haul in 250 years.

William’s father Prince Charles has also been encouraging the move and is believed to have asked for ivory items at Clarence House and his Highgrove property to be put out of sight over the last few years but experts say William’s plans for destruction will send a powerful message to the world.

William, 31, attracted criticism ahead of his speech at United for Wildlife when he photographed hunting for boar in Spain with his brother Prince Harry, 29.


Latest Posts

Sir Elton John and Thom Yorke honoured at 2026 Ivor Novello Awards

Sir Elton John, Thom Yorke and Calvin Harris were among those honoured at the 2026 Ivor Novello Awards. The...

The Coral officially roll out new album 388 after secret indie shop release

The Coral have released their new album 388, two weeks after quietly slipping physical copies into independent record shops without announcement.

Sienna Spiro sets release date for debut album Visitor

Sienna Spiro has confirmed details of her debut album Visitor. Set for release on July 3, the record comes...

Linda Perry says she thought Christina Aguilera was too ‘hot’ to record Beautiful

Linda Perry initially thought Christina Aguilera was too "hot" to record Beautiful. The 45-year-old pop idol went on to...

Don't Miss

The Strokes guitarist Nick Valensi taking ‘temporary break’

The Strokes have announced that guitarist Nick Valensi is taking a “temporary break” from their tour. The 45‑year‑old musician...

Westlife want to turn their ‘fairytale’ story into a movie

Westlife are hoping to bring their unlikely “fairytale” rise to fame to the big screen. The chart‑topping group -...

Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds working on early ideas for potential new album

Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds have been playing around in the studio with "the vague idea of perhaps making a new...

Paul McCartney was dismayed to pay for a Bob Dylan gig and not recognise the songs

Sir Paul McCartney has revealed he wasn’t thrilled after paying to see Bob Dylan live - only to spend most of the...

KPop Demon Hunters global concert tour planned for 2027

Netflix is taking KPop Demon Hunters on the road next year with a huge global concert tour. During the...

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.