Sunday, August 23, 2026

Kanye West to perform in Russia

Kanye West is set to stage two concerts in Russia, becoming one of the biggest stars to do so since the country's...

Latest Posts

Sir Anthony Hopkins: Music has always been a part of my life

Sir Anthony Hopkins dreamed of becoming a musician during his younger years. The 88-year-old movie star has enjoyed enormous...

Olivia Rodrigo releases 500 CD copies of Serena Joy

Olivia Rodrigo has released 500 CD copies of Serena Joy. The 23-year-old pop star decided to release the CDs...

BLACKPINK’s Jennie’s new solo EP

BLACKPINK’s Jennie is releasing a new solo EP. The 30-year-old star has announced that she will drop her digital...

Bonnaroo music festival axed for 2027

The Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival will be taking a “much-needed” year off in 2027. The annual festival, which...

Olly Murs snubbed X Factor judging role


Olly Murs turned down an ‘X Factor’ judging role.

The ‘Dear Darlin” hitmaker has admitted he snubbed an offer to appear on Simon Cowell’s talent show because he didn’t want to take on a project that could "distract" from his own music career.

He told The Sun newspaper: "It was true – it was massively tough, but it didn’t feel right at the moment. To go the whole circle with ‘The X Factor’ would have been amazing.

"I think I’d be really good for the contestants, too. But I didn’t want to distract from where I was musically.

"It was an appealing offer to sit next to [Cheryl Fernandez-Versini] – I could have stopped her from marrying [Jean-Bernard]."

The singer has experience on the show before – having previously hosted ‘The Xtra Factor’ in 2011, as well as being a runner-up in 2009 – and he admitted while it was stressful enough, he isn’t ruling out a future appearance as a judge.

He added: "When I was presenting ‘The Xtra Factor’ I was burnt out.

"I can only imagine what it would be like being a judge on ‘X Factor’ and having a career at the same time … We’ll see what happens.

"I’ve always said I’d love to do it. It would depend on Simon and where the show goes. Having Simon back is amazing. He’s the main cog in this machine."

Latest Posts

Sir Anthony Hopkins: Music has always been a part of my life

Sir Anthony Hopkins dreamed of becoming a musician during his younger years. The 88-year-old movie star has enjoyed enormous...

Olivia Rodrigo releases 500 CD copies of Serena Joy

Olivia Rodrigo has released 500 CD copies of Serena Joy. The 23-year-old pop star decided to release the CDs...

BLACKPINK’s Jennie’s new solo EP

BLACKPINK’s Jennie is releasing a new solo EP. The 30-year-old star has announced that she will drop her digital...

Bonnaroo music festival axed for 2027

The Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival will be taking a “much-needed” year off in 2027. The annual festival, which...

Don't Miss

Sam Smith working on ‘more electro and intense’ new record

Sam Smith is already working on another album. The 34-year-old singer will release Hazel Eyes, the follow-up to 2023's...

*NSYNC have ‘lost’ album of unheard tracks

*NSYNC have an entire album's worth of "lost" tracks that have never been heard. The Bye Bye Bye hitmakers...

Slipknot ‘will no longer be associated’ with Sid Wilson

Slipknot have confirmed they will "no longer be associated" with Sid Wilson. It was reported three weeks ago that...

Grammys to remove Best Asian Pop award?

The Recording Academy is considering removing its Best Asian Pop Award. After BTS decided not to submit to the...

Megan Thee Stallion signs deal with Interscope Records

Megan Thee Stallion has signed a new deal with Interscope Records. Although the 31-year-old star will remain an independent...

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.