Friday, February 20, 2026

Matt Sorum believes Velvet Revolver ‘could have been as big as Guns N’ Roses’

Matt Sorum is convinced Velvet Revolver "could have been as big" as Guns N' Roses. The drummer formed the...

Latest Posts

Yungblud wants to record a Bond theme with Oasis

Yungblud wants to record a Jame Bond theme with Oasis. Britpop legends Oasis were recently rumoured to be among...

Nicole Appleton’s son Gene Gallagher was the driving force behind Appleton’s reform

Nicole Appleton has revealed that her son Gene Gallagher inspired her to revisit Appleton with her sister Natalie Appleton.

‘I was a little starstruck’: Chris Jericho looks back on meeting Sir Paul McCartney

Chris Jericho "was a little starstruck" when he met Sir Paul McCartney. The 55-year-old wrestler fronts the heavy metal...

Clare Grogan rejected McDonald’s ad

Clare Grogan rejected a big-money payday to use Happy Birthday in a McDonald's advert. The 63-year-old singer made the...

Duchess Catherine volunteers to call lonely pensioner amid coronavirus pandemic

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, made two phone calls to a lonely and isolated pensioner during the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.

The 38-year-old royal has been doing what she can to support people amid the global health crisis, including volunteering to make phone calls to 85-year-old full-time carer Len Gardner, after she was put in touch with him earlier this year by the Royal Voluntary Service.

During two lengthy conversations – which took place during the UK’s first lockdown – Catherine chatted away to her new friend about making pasta and taking her children to watch sheep ­shearing, and Len has said he never imagined he would get the chance to talk to “the future Queen of England”.

He said: “Never in my wildest imagination did I think I would be talking on the phone to the future Queen of England.

“I will treasure our conversations for the rest of my life. Those calls helped me because they gave me something to look forward to.”

Len suffers from bladder cancer and is a full-time carer for his wife Shirley, 84, who has Alzheimer’s.

And when he was told in May he would be getting a phone call from the Duchess, Len admitted he was “flabbergasted”.

He recalled: “I was flabbergasted when I found out who would be calling. The first question I asked was, ‘How do I address you?’ She said, ‘Call me Catherine’.

“After the first two sentences I didn’t feel like I was talking to someone so important. She told me Prince George and Princess Charlotte were playing in the garden and she was keeping an eye on them through the window.”

Catherine even bought Len a pasta maker and two kilos of flour to get him started in making his own pasta, after the pair discussed their love of Italian food.

Speaking to The Sun newspaper, Len said: “About three days after our conversation, a brand new pasta machine arrived from the Duchess. Two days later I got two kilos of ‘00’ (the Italian grading system) flour from Buckingham Palace.

“I can tell you, this lady you see on television that goes into the crowds and talks to people – what you see is what you get. She is a very, very nice person.”

Latest Posts

Yungblud wants to record a Bond theme with Oasis

Yungblud wants to record a Jame Bond theme with Oasis. Britpop legends Oasis were recently rumoured to be among...

Nicole Appleton’s son Gene Gallagher was the driving force behind Appleton’s reform

Nicole Appleton has revealed that her son Gene Gallagher inspired her to revisit Appleton with her sister Natalie Appleton.

‘I was a little starstruck’: Chris Jericho looks back on meeting Sir Paul McCartney

Chris Jericho "was a little starstruck" when he met Sir Paul McCartney. The 55-year-old wrestler fronts the heavy metal...

Clare Grogan rejected McDonald’s ad

Clare Grogan rejected a big-money payday to use Happy Birthday in a McDonald's advert. The 63-year-old singer made the...

Don't Miss

Listen: Charli xcx releases Wuthering Heights soundtrack album

Charli xcx has unveiled her brand‑new album Wuthering Heights, to coincide with the arrival of Emerald Fennell’s hotly anticipated new feature film...

Cruz Beckham drops latest song For Your Love

Cruz Beckham has dropped his brand‑new single For Your Love, the latest step in the rising artist’s fast‑building musical journey.

Bebe Rexha is entering her ‘fearless, loud, and unapologetic’ era with new album Dirty Blonde

Bebe Rexha says her new album Dirty Blonde is "me owning exactly who I am". The I Got You...

Sexyy Red warned by Michael Jackson’s estate about unauthorised sample of Beat It

Sexyy Red has been warned she could face legal action after using an unauthorised sample of Michael Jackson's classic Beat It.

Harry Styles announces 40 listening parties for new album

Harry Styles has announced 40 listening parties for his new album. The 31-year-old singer is set to release his...

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.