Saturday, August 22, 2026

Zara Larsson says she’ll push for cheaper ticket tiers on her next tour after Bangkok prices spark backlash

Zara Larsson has suggested she will take action to try and get cheaper ticket prices for fans on her next tour after...

Latest Posts

BLACKPINK’s Jennie’s new solo EP

BLACKPINK’s Jennie is releasing a new solo EP. The 30-year-old star has announced that she will drop her digital...

Bonnaroo music festival axed for 2027

The Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival will be taking a “much-needed” year off in 2027. The annual festival, which...

Ariana Grande slams Donald Trump for using her music in anti-trans TikTok post

Ariana Grande has warned US President Donald Trump not to use her music on TikTok. The world leader -...

Ticketmaster seizes Olivia Rodrigo tickets from scalpers and puts them back on sale at face value

Ticketmaster has moved to clean up the chaos around Olivia Rodrigo’s The Unraveled Tour, announcing that it has taken back tickets snapped...

Vas J Morgan admits he viewed other black stars as rivals

Vas J Morgan thinks the TV industry caused him to view other black celebrities as rivals.

The 31-year-old TV personality – who previously appeared in ‘The Only Way Is Essex’ – has admitted that a lack of diversity within the industry led him to view other black celebrities as his direct competition.

He said: "I’d be up for a show, any show … for example like ‘Celebs Go Dating’, which I did, or the jungle, or anything like that and I would meet with casting directors and then I wouldn’t get the show.

"Then I’d watch it and I’d see a black person from ‘Strictly’ on it or a black person from ‘Love Island’ on it and I’d think, ‘OK, that’s why I didn’t get it.’"

Vas thinks the culture of the TV business was responsible for distorting his outlook.

He told FUBAR Radio’s ‘Access All Areas’: "I was programmed to think that my competition was people that looked like me and not people that had the same assets to be up for it or the same talent to be up for the job.

"I’d never see a white person as a threat, so it almost turned me against my own kind."

Earlier this month, Vas accused ‘The Only Way is Essex’ of "systematic racism".

The reality star wrote on Instagram: "While I have always been proud to be one of the only black and gay reality TV stars on British Television, I have often felt conflicted over the way I was treated and the way I was portrayed.

"During the four years I filmed the show, I was almost never allowed to show any sides of my personality that wasn’t angry, aggressive or negative. And while I repeatedly asked producers to allow me to show other sides of my personality; my funny, sensitive and loyal side, I was consistently put into situations that perpetuated the same racial stereotype that has been used to oppress and control black people.

"I often warned producers that I didn’t feel comfortable arguing with women as regardless of my sexuality; I was a 6.2 feet tall black man. This concern was always ignored.

"Countless times I’ve been in environments where I’ve had to endure racist language being used casually. The fact that it wasn’t directed at me doesn’t make it less painful to hear. (sic)"

Latest Posts

BLACKPINK’s Jennie’s new solo EP

BLACKPINK’s Jennie is releasing a new solo EP. The 30-year-old star has announced that she will drop her digital...

Bonnaroo music festival axed for 2027

The Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival will be taking a “much-needed” year off in 2027. The annual festival, which...

Ariana Grande slams Donald Trump for using her music in anti-trans TikTok post

Ariana Grande has warned US President Donald Trump not to use her music on TikTok. The world leader -...

Ticketmaster seizes Olivia Rodrigo tickets from scalpers and puts them back on sale at face value

Ticketmaster has moved to clean up the chaos around Olivia Rodrigo’s The Unraveled Tour, announcing that it has taken back tickets snapped...

Don't Miss

Slipknot ‘will no longer be associated’ with Sid Wilson

Slipknot have confirmed they will "no longer be associated" with Sid Wilson. It was reported three weeks ago that...

Grammys to remove Best Asian Pop award?

The Recording Academy is considering removing its Best Asian Pop Award. After BTS decided not to submit to the...

Megan Thee Stallion signs deal with Interscope Records

Megan Thee Stallion has signed a new deal with Interscope Records. Although the 31-year-old star will remain an independent...

Phoebe Bridgers explains why Lost Weekend took ‘forever’ to make

Phoebe Bridgers' new album took "forever" to make. The 31-year-old singer has ended her years-long hiatus with the release...

Becky G’s new album ‘marries’ both sides of her personality

Becky G's new album reflects both sides of her personality. The 29-year-old singer has just released Baraja Bendita, her...

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.