Monday, May 18, 2026

Deep Purple drop blistering new single Arrogant Boy from new album

Deep Purple have dropped the brand‑new single, Arrogant Boy, the first track to be unveiled from their upcoming studio album SPLAT!.

Latest Posts

Maya Hawke admits she ‘hates’ releasing music and compares album launches to a funeral

Maya Hawke has opened up about the emotional toll of releasing new music, admitting she dreads the process and often feels exposed...

Kylie Minogue hopes to still be performing into her 80s

Kylie Minogue has revealed she hopes she’ll still be performing well into her 80s. The 57‑year‑old pop icon, who...

Michael Bublé switches lane and goes down the country road for new album

Michael Bublé's new album is a "love letter to country music". The 50-year-old crooner's last studio album was 2022's...

Kylie Minogue explains why she refuses to be ‘boxed in’

Kylie Minogue has opened up about the "quiet determination" that’s kept her moving forward for decades and her refusal to be "defined".

Charli XCX: Boys music video was inspired by Joe Jonas

Charli XCX’s ‘Boys’ music video was inspired by Joe Jonas.
The 25-year-old singer released the second single from her upcoming as-yet-untitled third studio album back in July, and has now said when she first thought of the accompanying music video – which she self-directed and which features a group of men "being really sexy" – the scene in which the DNCE singer is seen eating piles of pancakes was the first thing she imagined.
She said: "This idea popped into my head of all these guys being really sexy. I think the first person who popped into my head was Joe Jonas. Just, eating really sexily, which is a weird thought for me to be thinking – sorry, Joe.
"Joe eating had set me on a train of thought of all of these guys doing different sexy, kind of, things. I basically wanted to hit up as many people as possible."
And Charli loved having the chance to work with "stereotypically sexy scenes" which she believes women are often cast in for music videos or movies, and "flip the male gaze on its head" by placing males in those scenes instead.
Speaking to Billboard’s ‘How It Went Down’ series, she said: "I guess the idea was to take these stereotypically sexy scenes that women are often stereotyped to be doing in music videos or movies, and then having the guys act them out. I basically wanted to flip the male gaze on its head. You know, that obviously wasn’t the total main focus of the video, but it’s definitely something I wanted to tap into.
"I also just wanted to make a next level pop video that would be really fun."
Meanwhile, 27-year-old Joe previously said he enjoyed being objectified as part of the video.
He said: "Charli reached out to me and came up with this idea. I was like, ‘Yes! The roles should be reversed. It’s about time. Let’s just make this like, over the top!’"

Latest Posts

Maya Hawke admits she ‘hates’ releasing music and compares album launches to a funeral

Maya Hawke has opened up about the emotional toll of releasing new music, admitting she dreads the process and often feels exposed...

Kylie Minogue hopes to still be performing into her 80s

Kylie Minogue has revealed she hopes she’ll still be performing well into her 80s. The 57‑year‑old pop icon, who...

Michael Bublé switches lane and goes down the country road for new album

Michael Bublé's new album is a "love letter to country music". The 50-year-old crooner's last studio album was 2022's...

Kylie Minogue explains why she refuses to be ‘boxed in’

Kylie Minogue has opened up about the "quiet determination" that’s kept her moving forward for decades and her refusal to be "defined".

Don't Miss

Red Hot Chili Peppers flog music catalogue to Warner in mega £240m deal

Red Hot Chili Peppers have struck one of the biggest rock deals of the year after offloading their full recorded music catalogue...

Duran Duran refuse to play Glastonbury unless they get a headline slot

Duran Duran have made it clear they won’t set foot on Worthy Farm unless they’re handed one of Glastonbury’s biggest slots.

Van Morrison announces five‑night London residency at the brand-new British Airways ARC venue

Van Morrison is set to make history this autumn as he becomes the first artist to stage a residency at the brand‑new...

Beatles fans get first official experience as Apple Corps reopens 3 Savile Row

The Beatles are preparing to welcome fans into one of the most important buildings in their history, as Apple Corps Ltd. announces...

Joe Jonas explains why he’s ‘so happy’ for Demi Lovato

Joe Jonas thinks Demi Lovato is "crushing it" at the moment. The 36-year-old pop star recently made a surprise...

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.