Tuesday, August 18, 2026

BTS star V reveals hearing issues amid ARIRANG tour

BTS member V has opened up about a long‑running hearing issue, telling fans he’s been receiving medication and hospital care for more...

Latest Posts

Kanye West to perform in Russia

Kanye West is set to stage two concerts in Russia, becoming one of the biggest stars to do so since the country's...

Fontaines D.C. announce ‘mood-altering’ album Dopamine Chamber

Fontaines D.C. have invited fans inside their Dopamine Chamber, offering "mood-altering" music as they unveil their fifth studio album.

Zara Larsson says she’ll push for cheaper ticket tiers on her next tour after Bangkok prices spark backlash

Zara Larsson has suggested she will take action to try and get cheaper ticket prices for fans on her next tour after...

Yungblud vows to press on with European festival dates after breaking his leg in motorcycle crash

Yungblud has vowed to continue his run of European festivals despite breaking his leg in a motorcycle accident. The...

Mel B tipped to join The X Factor


Mel B is being lined up to become a judge on ‘The X Factor’.

Simon Cowell – who is returning to the singing competition’s judging panel with Cheryl Cole – wants to hire the Spice Girls singer to fill the ‘alpha female’ void left by former judge Nicole Scherzinger.

A source told The Sun newspaper: "Mel is top of Simon’s list. He thinks she has just the spark the panel needs. He doesn’t want any shrinking violets or pop stars who are just eye candy.

"He looks at it as Cheryl Cole is a princess and Mel is an alpha female."

The 38-year-old star – full name Melanie Brown – already works for Simon on ‘America’s Got Talent’ and show bosses are confident she can juggle the two commitments.

The US talent competition – which airs over the summer – will end in mid-September, just in time for the ‘X Factor’ live shows.

Mel B, who was previously a judge on the Australian version of ‘The X Factor’, divided opinion as she proved a harsh judge when she served as a stand-in panellist on the show two years ago.

Meanwhile, Simon, 54, has hinted veteran judge Louis Walsh will be back on the show this year, joining him and Cheryl, 30.

He said: "I can’t imagine the show without him."

The music mogul suggested he is eager to hire an unknown music industry expert rather than a star to join the panel too.

He added: "It would be someone who does this for a living — a manager, a songwriter. That’s my preference."

Latest Posts

Kanye West to perform in Russia

Kanye West is set to stage two concerts in Russia, becoming one of the biggest stars to do so since the country's...

Fontaines D.C. announce ‘mood-altering’ album Dopamine Chamber

Fontaines D.C. have invited fans inside their Dopamine Chamber, offering "mood-altering" music as they unveil their fifth studio album.

Zara Larsson says she’ll push for cheaper ticket tiers on her next tour after Bangkok prices spark backlash

Zara Larsson has suggested she will take action to try and get cheaper ticket prices for fans on her next tour after...

Yungblud vows to press on with European festival dates after breaking his leg in motorcycle crash

Yungblud has vowed to continue his run of European festivals despite breaking his leg in a motorcycle accident. The...

Don't Miss

Otoboke Beaver apologise after leaving fan needing stitches

Punk band Otoboke Beaver have apologised after hospitalising a fan. The Japanese three-piece group threw a guitar into...

Rockers The Reytons are challenging girl group FLO for No.1 this week

The Reytons are holding off girl group FLO in the midweeks of the Official UK Album Chart in the fight for this...

Ed Sheeran admits he thought he’d be a one-hit wonder

Ed Sheeran has admitted he thought The A Team would be his "only hit". The Grammy winner brought his...

Dave Rowntree says Blur have ‘more to do’

Blur drummer Dave Rowntree has suggested the Britpop icons aren’t finished yet, revealing he expects the band will reunite for more music...

Boy George threatens to fire bandmates if they don’t perform his pro-Israel song

Boy George has threatened to sack anyone in his band who refuses to perform his controversial pro-Israel song generated by AI.

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.